A Traveler Yoga Teacher Booket List.
I’m “on this road” from a while…Travel was always one of my passions but what I’m actually living, is not a vacation; it is a lifestyle.
When I realised that I couldn’t live without teaching yoga, I already understood that the way it works, is as a fast track in the direction of continuous learning, challenging, changing’s life.
When you choose to leave a space of uncertain certainties, reaching out to sure uncertainty universe, it becomes crucial to have clear in mind what the pattern of our own desires, needs, and beliefs is.
The best way to be sure you are not going to lose anything is journaling
Write down everything.
You draw a line, lists the pros and cons, perception and reality … and slowly it becomes a method.
The Scout Method
Index, analysis, experience, dreams, failures, glory, and when finally you reach a conclusion, you are still ready to ditch everything!
Whatever happens, never stop journaling!
The funny thing is to open the notebook after a certain period: you can face the exact moment when a choice was taken and going ahead when life starts to “happen”.
Just trough simple observation of old schedules and notes, you are able to understand that where you are now coming from is still you but also that you will never be at the same place.
You are already planning and looking for the next chapter.
This is the treasure in search’s journey.
The journey itself.
1. Pen and Notebook
Favourite Pen (soft, hard, blue, black, glitter etc.)
Ideal notebook: striped, squares, white, big or small. We all have our “beloved shape”, the instrument on which we pin notions, ideas, experiences and inspirations to create and invent.
The Notebook is the tool that brings you back home, every time you feel disoriented (just browse a few pages again). Don’t forget to take care of it!
Where am I going?
Of course, we have the fly ticket (train, boat, bus, car, bicycles or good shoes), it’s it?. … but am I sure to accurately know where I’m going?
Where I’m looking for. Life has this tendency, she loves to question any certainty: it’s the only way to stay connected with the heart’s desires, she says.
So, to make it a lil more comfortable, try to fix on 3 simple points:
A. the reason for your journey
B. Where you are at the departure’s time (here and now).
C. what you think is the goal (the one comes from within, not the “mind picture”‘s expectation!).
The physical journey, regardless from intentions, it’s always a challenge; it is made to let questions arise, to shake you out from your comfort zones, to create stress also for the mind and fears for the ego.
The wise lies into the capacity to recognize these states of instability, sailing them, knowing them, moving with grace in between them, and using them in the way of a deep personal growth, to prove yourself you are able to remain still not only during revolved half moon practice, or headstand but also out of mat.
It will be fun. Promise.
– Yoga Mat (light, thin): the safe place.
– Literature “nécessaire” to back to basic anytime. These books and manuals every teacher needs to keep close. We love old style, but if possible, the kindle version is warmly recommended.
– Travel mask and earplugs (Peace doesn’t exist without a liberal organisation.)
– Leggins, short, top and t-shirts make you “epic”, and protected at the same time
– A candle, a favourite incense stick, essential oil spray, palo santo and or sage.
– A fascinating guide to read, but more important, it has to have a good map.
– Places to be. That fundamentals addresses, coming from friend of a friend, teacher of a teacher. Some secret spot where to eat, sleep, where to drop into a good class.
– Music. Because music saves the world.
4. Essentials … to leave behind!
– Enemies: for most of us, the worst are personal expectations. Expectations are created in the exact moment which you decide to use a trip, a move, a new job or a new relationship as an antidote against your unhappiness. The expectation is a kind of picture that usually helps only to increase the level of anxiety and fears of changes.
The expectation creates a state of idealisation, that does not allow us to live mindfully the physical the present moment and the journey.
Use your practice to be aligned with the desires of your heart. Ask to your practice to make yourself in front of your doubts and fear. Commit to your practice to always find your way back to stillness and ease, no matter what is happening out.
– Technological equipment: you don’t need to become a hermit, but excluding good music, try to use your journey to detoxify yourself from social media communications: go slow.
– Labels: we are what we say, we eat, we watch, we experience, people who we hang out. Select trying to avoid judgment and gossip.
5. The first day of school
Mindfully set yourself back to a “student to be” status.
Beginners eyes are a blessing!
Relinquish your old habits, the ones are no longer serving you, to create new ones.
Don’t forget the importance of the weather: food, asana practice, pranayama and meditation suited to the climate in which you are; resets your body clock around your practice.
Learn to teach something different, it’s yoga, cooking, language, or human understanding
Be patience with your body
Do an epic shit
Practice. Practice. Practice.
6. Teaching for free
Find a specific situation, you will know what it is, when and where: and offer yoga for free
Don’t forget to provide fresh water or ginger tea with lemon and cucumber at the end.
Listen to others.
Watch the sunrise
Watch the sunset
Live everything at best for you between those two.
Now, back to the notebook for a moment.
Back to the top of the article.
Go back to the memory of your trip, or to the planning of it.
Look at your physical sensation your body is trying to communicate to you.
Take a breathe and drop yourself to the heart centre.
If you’re smiling, or you will smile, you’re ready for the next chapter…
I hope for you with all my heart, as it happened and always happens to me, that you can’t wait for it.